Kerri Provost over at Real Hartford asked five questions of who she perceives as the four viable mayoral candidates.
- What are your top three favorite things (events, places, people, etc) about Hartford?
- What are three specific and measurable actions you would take to boost the city?
- How do you plan to deal with absentee landlords who neglect their properties?
- How are you qualified for this job?
- How do you keep your finger on Hartford’s pulse, and if elected, how will you make yourself available to your constituents?
She worked to keep them positive. She steered them away from empty promises.
She lets the candidates speak for themselves, but comes to this conclusion:
If you create an environment where mudslinging is considered the norm, then it should be no shock when it occurs; that is to say, the trash talking was at an absolute minimum. Candidates are capable of being positive. They all showed themselves to be intelligent and thoughtful. We do not need to settle for dirty politics.
You don’t get this kind of opportunity without hard work and commitment to the city you call home. We’re grateful to Kerri for bringing these qualities to Real Hartford every day.